Welcome to Balanced Processing Partners
Balanced Processing Partners LLC., (BPP) and its affiliates (collectively “BPP,” “we” and “us”) respect your privacy. We offer services that enable platforms and merchants to run businesses, and to safely conduct online payment transactions.
BPP obtains Personal Data about you from various sources to provide our Services and to manage our Sites. “You” may be a visitor to one of our websites, a user of one or more of our Services or Websites, or a customer of a User (“Customer”). If you are a visitor and not inquiring about services from BPP, “we” will generally not collect your Personal Data, with the exception of registering your IP address and geographic location.
Personal Data We Collect
Personal Data that we collect about you.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. The Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Sites and Services will be apparent from the context in which you provide the data. Examples below:
- When you request more information from BPP to open a merchant account, we collect your full name, email address, name of company, type of industry.
- When you fill-in our online form to contact our sales team, we collect your full name, work email, country, and anything else you tell us about your project, needs and timeline.
- When you respond to BPP emails or surveys, we collect your email address, name and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call BPP. If you contact us by phone as a BPP Merchant, we may request additional information in order to verify your identity.
- If you are a BPP Merchant, you will provide your contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. As part of your business relationship with us, we may also receive financial and personal information about you, such as your date of birth and government identifiers associated with you and your organization (such as your social security number, tax number, or Employer Identification Number).
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Sites you are visiting.
- Usage data, such as time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Sites.
- We also collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze Your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues.
How We Use Personal Data
Our products and services:
- We rely upon several legal grounds to ensure that our use of your Personal Data is compliant with applicable law. We use Personal Data to facilitate the business relationships we have with our visitors and merchants, to comply with financial, regulatory and other legal obligations, in the pursuit of legitimate business interests.
Marketing and events-related communications:
- We may send you email marketing communications about BPP products and services, as well as affiliated third-party companies (you may choose to opt-out of any marketing materials sent from third party affiliates).
- We may invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with the consent requirements that are imposed by applicable law.
- When we collect your business contact details through our participation at trade shows or other events, we may use the information to follow-up with you regarding an event, send you information that you have requested on our products and services and, with your permission, include you on our marketing information campaigns.
We do not use, share, rent or sell the Personal Data of our Merchants and/or Customers for interest-based advertising. We do not sell or rent the Personal Data of our Users, their
Customers or our Site visitors.
How We Disclose Personal Data
BPP does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We only share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
- We share Personal Data with other BPP entities in order to provide our Services and for internal administration purposes.
- We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf. Our service providers are predominantly located in Costa Rica and the United States of America.
- We share Personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our Services to our merchants. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers (such as credit card networks) when we provide payment processing services, and the professional services firms with whom we partner to deliver BPP products and services.
Merchants and third parties authorized by our Merchants
Compliance and harm prevention
- We share Personal Data as we believe necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of BPP, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
Your Rights and Choices
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us.
- If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
- If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by signing in to your BPP account or by contacting us at [email protected]
Your data protection rights
- Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights regarding the Personal Data we control about you:
- The right to request confirmation of whether BPP processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data.
- The right to request that BPP rectifies or updates your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
- The right to request that BPP erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law.
- The right to request that BPP restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while BPP considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that BPP make an update to your Personal Data);
- The right to request that we export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you.
Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your situation, as applicable under the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
Process for exercising data protection rights
In order to exercise your data protection rights, you may contact BPP as described in
the Contact Us section below. We take each request seriously. We will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law. We will not be able to respond to a request if we no longer hold your Personal Data. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may consult with the data protection authority in your state or country.
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you sent the request matches your email address that we have on file. If we no longer need to process Personal Data about you in order to
provide our Services or our Sites, we will not maintain, acquire or process additional information in order to identify you for the purpose of responding to your request.
Security and Retention
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data. The website maintains 256-bit encryption and all data is secure in a trusted third-party cloud storage. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Your Personal Data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
We retain your Personal Data for up to five (5) years from time your relationship with BPP has ended. We retain Personal Data after we cease providing services directly or indirectly to you, even if you close your BPP account, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. We also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners, and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods that we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
International Data Transfers
Use by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
Links To Other Websites
The Services may provide the ability to connect to other websites. These websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. If any linked website is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, any use of the website or the privacy practices of the operator of the website.
Mexican residents. Mexican residents may exercise data protection rights to access, correction, deletion, opposition or revocation under applicable law. You may be provided with further information about the steps to exercise your privacy rights, including identity verification, timing, the way to get in touch with the organization responding to your request for further communications about your request, and how your request may be honored.
United States – California residents. This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers as well as the rights of California consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Your CCPA Rights and Choices. As a California consumer and subject to certain limitations under the CCPA, you have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information:
- Exercising the right to know. You may request, up to twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information.
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
- Exercising the right to delete. You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain limitations under applicable law.
- Exercising the right to opt-out from a sale. You may request to opt out of any “sale” of your personal information that may take place. We do not use, share, rent or sell the Personal Data of our Users’ Customers for interest-based advertising. We do not sell or rent the Personal Data of our Users, their Customers or our Site visitors.
- Non-discrimination. The CCPA provides that you may not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you may contact us at [email protected] We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. Authentication based on a government-issued and valid identification document may be required. If you are a Customer of a BPP User, please direct your requests directly to the BPP User with whom you shared your personal information.
- Balanced Processing Partners, LLC
- Galeria de Artes y Ciencias
- 875 Carretera 693 Suite 201
- Dorado, Puerto Rico 00646